What is the importance of the position?Edit
- Build friendship with newcomers and make them feel comfortable with us
- Reaching out to the community, help people who are needed, increase the publicity of MCCF, create the first impression of MCCF to people.
What did you do for this position?Edit
- After Clubs Day, send them individually an introduction email before putting them on the mailing list.
- Attend fellowship and take note of newcomers. Get newcomers contact information at the end of fellowship
- Email and call newcomers to remind them to come
- Talk to newcomers who seem to be left out
- Assign coworker of the same gender to care for the newcomer
- Follow up with caring coworker on a weekly/bi-weekly basis to make sure newcomers are being cared for
- Promote MCCF through Videos, Posters, Facebook group, blogs, etc.
What are some the essential characteristics needed to serve in this position?Edit
- Good memory
- Enjoy chatting with people
- Know how to start and continue a conversation
- Know some skills about marketing or know someone who can do it
- Most essentially have a heart to reach out to people
How did you prepare for the responsibilities?Edit
- Various social media
- Turnkey Desk, Various faculty's society
- Video editing /Vimeo
- Posting notes/events/ tagging people on photos, putting " Please come to ..." on Facebook, send out invitations
Who did you need to collaborate with?Edit
- GM: for adding new people to the mailing list
- Activity coordinator: for organizing activities to invite people
Anything else you would like to say!Edit
- Caring seems to be a small and non-essential role, but it’s very important in helping the newcomers to feel comfortable to a new group.
What do I enjoy the most?Edit
- Reaching to people who never heard about Jesus.
- Angela Tai: email@example.com
- Melody Mui: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jessica Wang: email@example.com