What is the importance of the position?Edit
- Attend to the logistics side of fellowship to ensure normal operation
- See Logistics FAQ for common things you need to do
What did you do for this position?Edit
- Before the term starts (preferably 2-4 weeks before the term starts), book rooms, equipments, and lockers for Bibles
- Make sure the FEDS forms are done each semester (http://www.feds.ca/wp-content/blogs.dir/57/files//2012/08/termacknowledgementsignform-updated.pdf and http://www.feds.ca/wp-content/blogs.dir/57/files//2012/08/Clubs-Locker-Request-Form-Updated-Aug-2013.pdf)
- Cancel room bookings and equipment bookings if they are not needed for the week
- Clear out things in locker if needed.
- Send weekly e-mails to inform members the happenings in fellowship
- Add any new members to the mailing list (also Serving Team list)
- Assign someone to pick up and return projectors/equipments and Bibles
- Book rooms and equipment for special occasions
- Track MCCF properties (books, Bibles, song books, etc)
- All kinds of logistic things
- Post reminders and update Facebook group
What is the essential characteristic to serve in this position?Edit
- Optimistic, energetic, enthusiastic for writing emails
- Attend to details and organized
- Good oral (work with other co-workers, FEDs, etc.) and written (weekly emails) communication skills
How did you prepare for the responsibilities?Edit
- Keep good communication with all the coworkers to know what to include in the weekly email
- When unsure about anything, ask around (anyone who maybe relevant/knowledgeable to the situation)!
- Please see Appendix A for the guidelines of posting posters
- Please see Appendix B for the equipment booking procedure
- Please see Appendix C for the event booking procedure (fellowship room booking, having a event, advertising events)
- Please see Appendix D for the writing weekly emails using MailChimp
- Please see Appendix E for the booking MC locker
- Please see Appendix F for a list of MCCF inventory
Who did you need to collaborate with?Edit
- For writing the weekly email, GM needs to collaborate with a lot of people to know what is going on in the. For examples, if there are activities planned by the Activity Coordinator, then the GM has to talk to him/her to get a good view to include it in the email.
- For room booking and equipment booking, GM also needs to know what will be going on so he/she can book thing appropriately.
- GM also need to collaborate with people who are picking up and returning equipment and room keys to make sure that everything is fine.
- Since the GM is responsible for room booking, he/she needs to communicate with FEDs quite often
Anything else you would like to say!Edit
- When I came into MCCF, I just wanted to find a place to serve. Thanks to God that He made this position available for me. I enjoyed it a lot. Every position to serve is a God's blessing.
- I enjoyed being a GM mainly because I feel that I’m gifted in being organized and doing very detailed things. It may not be a position that gets a lot of attention, but I believe that it is also a very meaningful serving position. If the logistics things aren’t working out, it is likely to create negative impression to newcomers!
- I really enjoyed being the GM for many reasons. Most of the work done by GM is behind the scene so there won't be a lot of exposure; however I took pride in knowing that my contribution helped to make MCCF a more enjoyable place for us all. Also I think weekly emails is an important medium of communication between co-workers and members, and should not be over-looked!
- Betty Chang: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Violet Xu: email@example.com
- Emma Qi: firstname.lastname@example.org