What is the importance of the position?Edit
- We as a fellowship need to constantly ask God for help and guidance
- Remember, that prayer is the most important job. We have no ministry without prayer!
What did you do for this position?Edit
- Created a schedule of people willing to lead and facilitate the format of weekly prayer meetings.
- Made sure there was a prayer meeting leader for every week of the term.
- Typically there will be some discussion about prayer items, and then group prayer.
- Encourage everyone from the fellowship to attend.
- Remind leaders two days prior to the meeting
- Provide feedbacks and encouragements to leaders after the meeting
What is the essential characteristic to serve in this position?Edit
- Knowing the importance of prayer, and pray often!
How did you prepare for the responsibilities?Edit
- Prepare your heart for praise, prayer, and repentance
Who did you need to collaborate with?Edit
- Prayer meeting leader of the week: make sure everything is ok
- “Too Busy Not to Pray” by Bill Hybels
- The style of the prayer time varies, some common methods are:
- Pray together in silence or say it out load
- Pray based on Bible passages i.e. read a passage and pray about it and repeat, for more information please google or read
- Follow the ACTS - Adoration, Confession, Thanksgiving, Supplication
- "Popcorn" ie. whenever one is moved to pray and one designated person to close praying in turn for a designate individual. Short prayer is the key! can "pop" more than once
- Breaking off into smaller prayer groups,
- Praying in turn for a designated individual (ex. person to your left)
- Some things that were done in the past:
- Worship during prayer meetings (1-2 songs)
- Sharing about the importance of prayer
- Read a passage in the bible
- Sharing about God's leading in your life (challenges, thanksgiving things etc.
- Coordinating joint prayer events with other CCF or Christian campus groups (One year, the prayer coordinators met monthly from all three CCFs and there was a joint prayer meeting once a month between the three groups as well as an all campus prayer meeting once a term. This ended up being slightly overwhelming for the prayer coordinator at the time, but may be something to consider again in the future.)
- Yushi Hu: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sharon Liang: email@example.com
- Lisa Hung